All towns contain:
- A shipwright where you can buy, sell, and repair ships.
- A tavern to play cards and pick up quests.
- A tailor where you can buy new outfits for your character.
- A tattoo artist where you can purchase tattoos.
- A gypsy where you can buy health tonics, voodoo dolls, and voodoo staffs.
- A peddler where you can buy exclusive clothing sets that are updated monthly.
- A jail where the pirate will restart their adventure should they be caught or rendered unconsious in combat, or caught cheating at Poker or Blackjack.
- A dock to launch a dinghy to reach your ship.
- A dockworker to help you stowaway to the other main islands.
Most towns also have:
- A gunsmith where you can buy a pistol, ammunition, grenade and cannon ammunition.
- A blacksmith where you can buy a cutlass, daggers and re-train Skill Points.
- A barbershop where you can change hairstyles.
- A jeweler to buy and sell rings and other adornments.
Unlike the main island settlements, the island bases Isla De La Avaricia and Ile D'Etable De Porc for the Spanish and French privateer fleets offer a few necessary comforts for pirates fighting for their respective patrons.