|This page is a guide: Guides are essays that cover a specific topic in detail, in order to aid players to better grasp the topic. Guides may help you gain a better understanding of the game, but they are often written by a single editor, and the wiki offers no guarantee of their validity. Guides can be useful, but keep in mind that they may have a subjective point of view, or describe a specific approach to a subject which may not be the only solution.|
To view all the guides on the wiki, please visit Category:Guides.
Whether your starting out with a rusty cutlass or looting with a Legendary Blade, Swords have been and most would agree the easiest weapon to use. In this guide I will explain how to level your Sword and the different types of Blades.
In the Game there are 3 main groups of Swords: Sabres, Cutlasses and Broadswords. You will also have the ability to find Cursed Blades after completing the Raven's Cove Story Quest. After you defeat El Patron, you gain your first cursed blade.
SabresBoss. They allow you to gain more hits on the Enemy therefore; gaining more rep. However they give the lowest damage out of the 3 groups, so be sure to make sure you are topped up on tonics before you set off.
- The Emerald Curse - Cursed and Legendary many pirates agree this is a useful weapon to have by your side
- Bitter End - Useful if you want to defeat the Rage Ghost as it has the freeze weapon Skill.
The Cutlass is the first weapon you receive in the Game and allows you to attack a single enemy (unless using Sweep). It gives powerful blows to the enemy thus increasing your Pirate's Survival rate by a large amount. The Cutlass is often favored by newbies to the Game, it is also the easiest weapon to time your attacks with allowing attack bonuses to help you defeat that enemy(ies)
- Lost Sword of El Patron - Many Aim to loot for this to use its Ghost Form.
- Thunderspine Sword - The Most Powerful Cutlass there is (to date).
A Broadsword is a useful tool when fighting more than one enemy at one time, allowing you to deal a large amount of damage to all of the enemies you are attacking. This is useful if you have to defeat more than one enemy for a Quest.
- World Eater Blade - The most powerful blade in the game and is a very rare loot drop.
- General's Broadsword - A very powerful blade with the Ability to knock enemies over onto the ground.
- Sword of Triton- Useful when taking on the Queen's Anne's Revenge.
|Sweep||A Sweep which attacks all nearby enemies in range,deals a fair amount of damage||Level 2|
Briefly Stuns your enemy useful if you want to charge up some skills or run away
|Taunt||Makes their attacks have less damage but the enemy will always go for you,useful to distract an enemy while someone else heals those who are knocked out||Level 14|
Lots of damage is given,useful for finishing off a enemy
These skills go into effect automatically when you spend your skill points on them.
|Parry||Allows you to dodge enemy attacks||Level 6|
|Endurance||Increases your max health NOTE: Only works when a sword is equipped||Level 12|
Starting out :Levels 1-10
When you first get your sword I suggest heading for Fort Charles on Port Royal, it may also be handy to go to an ideal server as many people hang out in Fort Charles and may even be able to lend you a hand.Start out with the guards and cadets hanging round the outside of the Fort then aim for those by the bell arch
- Ask someone to doll you so you can be healed
- Tonic Up - You may never know how low your health bar will go
- Crew up join a crew of other new pirates and gain that handy crew bonus
Raiding the Caribbean: Levels 10- 15
Soon the Enemies in Fort Charles will be grey tags and with give little rep, now is the time to set Sail for Kingshead, be sure to have a broadsword ready to might those veterans.It is best to bring along a crew some to heal and so that you get a crew bonus.
- Watch your health bar when using the Broadsword in the Middle of the Marching Ground
- Wait till all the veterans respawn before attacking them.
The Scurge of the Caribbean: Levels 16-25
|THIS ARTICLE OR SECTION IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!|