A Gun is defined in Pirates Online as any firearm. This includes:
- Pistol - A single-barrelled handgun.
- Repeater - A double or triple-barrelled handgun.
- Musket - A long-barrelled, long-ranged weapon.
- Blunderbuss - A powerful muzzle-loading, short-ranged predecessor to the shotgun.
- Bayonet - A long-barreled, long-ranged musket with a spear attached to the barrel for melee combat.
In this article, Gun is the skill that covers the use of these weapons and their ammunition.
|Shoot||Basic gun skill.||1|
|Scattershot||Basic gun skill. Replaces shoot while using a blunderbuss.||1|
|Take Aim||Sight up an enemy for accurate shooting.||4|
Improved and specialized ammunition is also available as the pirate improves their ability with the handgun.
|Name||Description||Cost (Rounds)||Skill Req.||Icon|
|Lead Shot||Basic lead ball||0 (~)||1|
|Venom Shot||Lead ball dipped in poison.||3 (25)||2|
|Bane Shot||A cursed bullet! Decreases attack power by 30%.||5 (25)||6|
|Hex Eater Shot||Bullet strips its target of voodoo power.||6 (25)||10|
|Silver Shot||Anti-undead ammo. Ineffective against the living.||7 (25)||17|
|Steel Shot||Strongest metal shot, ineffective against Undead||8 (25)||20|
These skills improve the pirate's abilities. Once they are learned, they are always in effect.
|Sharp Shooter||Increases chance to hit.||8|
|Dodge||Gives the pirate a chance to avoid ranged weapons||12|
|Eagle Eye||Increases the pirate's weapon range.||14|
- Originally, the Gun skill was just called Pistol, because there were single-shot pistols.
- The long guns (Rifles, Bayonets and Blunderbuss) are more powerful but it takes longer reload.
- Guns cannot be used on human enemies, as part of the Pirate Code. In the game, pirates don't use fireams against the Royal Navy or Black Guard, so they in turn won't use firearms again pirates. But, in context, Disney would have had to raise the Game Rating if players could shoot humans.
- You can not shoot an enemy ship with any form of hand-held firearm.
- There are currently no gun-wielding enemies that use their firearms, though is there is artwork showing an Undead Skeleton with a pistol. Jolly Roger's blade hand also sports a gun barrel, but he does not use it against pirates.