Sitting high on a hillside on the island of Port Royal, is the imposing stone structure Fort Charles. The monolith of British military might looks down onto the harbor and the town below.
Her wall-mounted cannons are meant to protect vessels coming into or out of the harbor. But, they were unable to protect the citizens from the wrath of Hector Barbossa and the crew of the Black Pearl as they laid siege to the port, in search of the last coin from the cursed Aztec treasure of Cortez.
Currently, dozens of soldiers are stationed here. The most experienced men are stationed along the walls.
Black Guard members can be found here, too. They are stationed at the overlook where the alarm bell is mounted. This is where pirates can prove themselves worthy as well.
While there are no permanent bosses stationed in Fort Charles, random bosses may appear from time to time.
A pirate can play Cannon Defense, a mini-game using cannons to defend the town from raiding bandit ships.
- Gordon Greer - The former Black Pearl crewman is being imprisoned here.
- Bingham - A Royal Navy sergeant in charge of watching over Greer.
- Grace - A gypsy who has set up her camp just outside the fort, she offers a full variety of health tonics, voodoo dolls and voodoo staffs.
- Bert Calledougal - Cannonmaster in charge of the Cannon Defense station, located along the path to the fort.
There are other random quests that will require coming here:
- Fort Charles was changed in 2008 during the Island Destructions. The original Fort Charles was up a hill from the town of Port Royal with an open gate. Afterwards, the Fort became a separate area with an outer and inner wall.
- In 2022, The Legend of Pirates Online made another major change to Fort Charles. The fort gates are now open and once again, Fort Charles part of the Port Royal map instead of being a separate area.