- Speak to Dr. Bellrog.
- Defeat Kudgel, his assistant. Other players cannot attack him, so they are unable to help you defeat him. They are, however, able to heal you.
- Talk to Bellrog after defeating his assistant, Kudgel. He begs you to spare his life.
- Exit the mine through the gate.
- You emerge in a landlocked cove, where El Patron's Ship stands. You may wish to have your mates teleport in to help you.
- Board the ship via the gangplank.
- El Patron will appear as a huge Ghost form of himself.
- Fight El Patron.
- Three crew ghosts will appear. Kill them quickly. A good idea would be to use a powerful broadsword to deal damage to both El Patron and his crew ghosts.
- Continue fighting El Patron.
Try to not have all your crew attack El Patron in close combat with swords. He uses a broadsword and can cause damage to all the pirates surrounding him; risking knocking them all out.
- It is also recommended, that you bring a large crew to help you, as El Patron is very powerful, and has powerful minions as well!
- After defeating El Patron and his crew you should be able to open the Skull chest where you can choose 1 of three Famed Cursed Blades.
- The Bitter End is a Sabre. Special Ability: Cursed Ice
- The Spinecrest Sword is a Broadsword. Special Ability: Cursed Fire
- The Nautilus Blade is a Cutlass. Special Ability: Cursed Thunder
- (You can obtain the remaining two weapons, along with other cursed blades, from loot)
- Cursed blades may eventually mark their users. The pirate can now use the check hand emote (/check hand or /hand). This mark is known as the "Evil Curse of Doom," not to be confused with the Black Spot. Using your Cursed Blade may accelerate the development of this curse; although it is not yet entirely clear what the Evil Curse of Doom does.
- There is a common glitch referred to as "El Paclone" that causes El Patron to spawn twice, usually under level 40. Only one of them must be defeated in order to obtain a Cursed Blade from the Loot Skull Chest on the deck, but this can make the boss battle far more difficult than usual. Two of El Patron means that as many as eight Crew Ghosts can spawn at once, which can easily overwhelm an unprepared crew. For some pirates, this is welcomed as a challenge.