|Recognized by the Administrators|
of this site as an organized
and helpful guide!
|This page is a guide: Guides are essays that cover a specific topic in detail, in order to aid players to better grasp the topic. Guides may help you gain a better understanding of the game, but they are often written by a single editor, and the wiki offers no guarantee of their validity. Guides can be useful, but keep in mind that they may have a subjective point of view, or describe a specific approach to a subject which may not be the only solution.|
To view all the guides on the wiki, please visit Category:Guides.
DISCLAIMER: This guide was created based on the data of the Original 2012 Pirates of the Caribbean Online (POTCO) version of the game. "The Method" has been debunked by the The Legend of Pirates Online developers, as the looting system has been completely revamped from the original game.This guide will stay on the wiki as a testament of pirates it DID help find legendary in the original game and as source material for the communities love and dedication to the game itself throwing ideas around about looting so long ago. Thank you for using and being so willing to try this guide [Method] these past years and I hope we all still keep theorizing and contributing to the POTCO/TLOPO wiki! ^_^
Let me start off by saying, this is a guide/method to show you how I loot. It's not some spot in the game that gives free famed or legendary. It's not some cheat or hack to getting better weapons. It is a guide/method telling you how I believe the programming of loot was designed and giving you all the tools to improve the odds in your favor. This guide/method will show how you (as a pirate) can improve your odds for getting better loot in a rather tricky and "pirate-like" way. I tested, discussed and finally created this method within the course of my years playing this game in order to achieve that goal.
Let me start by saying, everyone loots at their own pace, and the game does have a clear luck factor to it that cannot be denied. However, there are many, Many, MANY other factors within your power you can adjust to IMPROVE your loot quality. Such as your pirate’s level, skill set, weapons unlocked, location, ext.
I will just like to share with you how I loot, and my experience with looting in the hope that I can pass on my knowledge, tips, and ideas of looting onto you. In hopes that it may help yourself, others, or random pirates get some great Brights, Famed, Famed cursed and maybe even Legendary loot!
Summary (What is the trick?)
Here is the short version of the trick/method to getting better loot. It's simple, do not to pick anything out of Loot pouches, Loot Chests, or Loot Skull unless it is a Brights (you want) Famed, Famed Cursed, Legendary. This trick/method should start to work within 30-60 in some cases 60-120 enemies and continue to work more and more if you keep using it. When using it you should see your loot quality (Gold, Brights, Ammo etc.) change and improve. You may look inside any of the loot that you plunder but don’t take ANYTHING unless you want to reset your increased percentage of getting Better loot.
The Explanation (How it works)
In order to understand how this works. You have to understand the percentage for each of the four loots drops types.
NOTE: This is how I think loot payout works. There are no facts that these percentages are accurate. They are my educated guess as a pirate. I did the math on loot drops for years. day in and day out calculating the amount of times enemies dropped Loot pouches, Loot Chest, Loot Skull Chest and of course nothing at all.
These are the four loot drops I believe in, also known as loot payout.
Loot Drop Rate Per Red Tag Enemy. [On a level 50 Pirate]
1. Loot pouch 71% - Goes up to 75%
2. Loot Chest 24% - Goes up to 25%
3. Loot Skull Chest 5% - Goes down to 0%. Before level 10 you cannot get skulls. I've found that only at level 10 you have even a 1% chance for them to drop. Then that percentage SLOWLY increase as you level up, till you hit level 50 at max you stay at a 5% chance to drop a skull [Acceptation to this is being with a higher level pirate.]
Note: This is the rate for RED tag enemies. - Theses percent also differs from gray to yellow tagged enemies.
Explanation Part 1
The game was created to encourage players to loot. In order to do this, the developers of the original pirates didn't want players to get discouraged when looting alone. Creating this system seemed like the most probable outcome to circumvent this, the method as people have grown to call it. The idea that the more times you FAIL, the higher your odds of success become. So by not getting a loot drop, but getting a kill... the game increases your odds of getting something good the next kill. By this theory, we can effectively increase our chances of getting better loot. This percent DOES in fact have a limit.
Explanation Part 2
So…. When you don’t pick up any of the loot, in theory is your chances/percents of getting better loot should be going up slowly but surely. After about 30 enemies you should see that you are rarely getting nothing and are instead getting tons of pouches. Next, after about 60 enemies, you should see more loot chest and so on. After looting for a long time (say, an hour or two), your odds of getting famed should have already started to go up a lot and you will have a very good chance of getting a famed drop!
Explanation Part 3
People keep asking me, “Can we just pick up the gold?” Really though, if you think about it... why pick up that 500+ gold when you can earn it playing black jack in 1 hand?! When I am looting, I always think..... Gold < Better Loot. You came to this guide looking for help improving loot quality, NOT GOLD QUALITY!
Lastly: If you have any Questions or something I should explain better for "The Explanation" Section. Please! leave it in the comments Section at the bottom of this page.
Helpful Advice to Using The Loot Trick/Method
1. Get max ammo pouches. [Shockingly, some players forget this.]
2. Max Bane Shot, Silver Shot & Steel shot. [175x ammo each.]
4. My daily looting pattern: Farm Tormenta Gold room use all 40 siege, laps with 175x Bane Shot, more laps with 175x Steel Shot, Darkhart with 175 Silver Shot, and end it off with a broadsword at any other location unless you want to go to a shop to get ammo.
Evaluations And Facts (Supporting The Loot Trick/Method)
Foulberto Smasho ONLY drops throwing knifes. Proof that Disney can fix loot. As well as Rage Ghost Which only drop Party hats. [First thoughts which made me start thinking about loot dropping being fixed in some way.] (Tier 1)
In POTCO, you could only find Aces and Kings from higher level enemies. However, TLOPO adjusted this to be completely random unlike in the original game. [This was due to not having the POTCO drop rates confirm this and the game still being in BETA.] (Tier 2)
Certain weapons only drop at certain locations. - You cannot find cursed blades on other island apart from Island Tormenta & Raven's Cove. However, that is not a correct statement. You can find crabs on the islands of Tormenta, but they do now drop cursed blades? In other words, each enemy TYPE has its own loot pool. (Tier 2)
When looting using a gun or grenades you can test that the ammo type you are using will drop if you are missing it. So in theory, YOU control what loot drops. You use Steel Shot, Steel Shot drops. You use Silver Shot, Silver Shot drops. Even when your missing fury ammo FURY ammo drops and so on. Your loot changes due to what you HAVE and what you TAKE. (Tier 3)
In POTCO's Era, I found over 300+ famed weapons and 9 legendary weapons, which are as listed: 3 Lost Swords of El Patron, 2 World Eater Blades, 3 Sliver Freezes, and 1 Behemoth Blade.
Now in TLOPO I've looted over 1,000+ famed, 10 Legendary Cursed Blades, upwards of 15 SF and Lost Swords. [Lost track honestly...] and have been recognized as one of the most successful looter's in the game.
Legendary Finds (Posted By People Using The Trick/Method)
Here are people who where determined and lucky enough to find a legendary using the method!
Newest finds on the bottom
Legendary TLOPO Findings
1. Warsteel: Blade of the Abyss
2. MMurlock: Behemoth Blade
3. Dog Shipfoote: Emerald Curse
4. Midnight Rider: Lost Sword of El Patron
5. James Fire: Lost Sword of El Patron
6. Bill Chiphazzard: Silver Freeze
7. Ichabod O'Pratt: Thunderspine Sword
8. Wolf Darkpaine: Behemoth Blade
9. Moordryd: Thunderspine Sword
10. Moordryd: World Eater Blade
11. Ben Phantomfox: Thunderspine Sword
12. Captain Red: Emerald Curse
13. Swashbuckler: The Emerald Curse
14. Sven Gunhound: Thunderspine Sword
15. Swashbuckler (Alt): The Emerald Curse
16. Jeremiah Gungrim: Behemoth Blade
17. Cal: Blade of the Abyss
18. Cal: Thunderspine Sword
19. Swash: Silver Freeze
20: Mags22: Krakenslayer
21: Jeffery(DA): Lost Sword of El Patron
22: Nick Edgekidd: Silver Freeze
23: Jahseh x Draven: Lost Sword of El Patron
24: Marc Warfury: Jack Sparrow's Blade
25: SilentlHavoc: Jack Sparrow's Blade-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legendary POTCO Findings
1. Edward Mctimbers: Silver Freeze
2. Hector Scurvyeaston: Blade of the Abyss
3. Daggerbones: Blade of the Abyss
4. Davy: Blade of the Abyss
5.Jack-Marc AKA Jack: Thunderspine Sword
6. TooneyLew AKA Jack Ironhawk: Behemoth Blade
7. Raven: Blade of the Abyss
8. Captain Rai: The Emerald Curse
9. Wikia User: Behemoth Blade
10. Bort Greasegorb: World Eater Blade
11. 23Jil: Lost Sword of El Patron
12. Tjm211293: Lost Sword of El Patron
13. James Fireroberts: World Eater Blade
14. Tyler McDyess: The Emerald Curse
15. Tyler McDyess: Lost Sword of El Patron
16. Jack-Marc AKA Jack: Silver Freeze
17. CWalker: Lost Sword of El Patron
18. CWalker: Lost Sword of El Patron #2
19. Jason O'martin: Silver Freeze
20. JustThatKat: Lost Sword Of El Patron
21. Kate Seaeagle: Lost Sword Of El Patron
22. Ben Badbones:Thunderspine Sword
23. Spencer Fire:Lost Sword of El Patron
24. Will Cannonward: Lost Sword of El Patron
25. Arum: Behemoth Blade
26. Velocity: Behemoth Blade
27. Hector Shipwrecker: World Eater Blade
28. Bort Greasegorb: World Eater Blade #2
29. Mike: Silver Freeze
30. Jack Stormwalker:The Emerald Curse
31. Davy: Behemoth Blade
32. Jack-Marc AKA Jack: World Eater Blade
33. Simon Helmsteel: Silver Freeze
34. Simon Helmsteel: Lost Sword of El Patron
35. Mark_Coalrat AKA Darkrage: Thunderspine Sword
36. Grievous dark sith: Lost Sword of El Patron
37. Grievous dark sith: Behemoth Blade
38. Bort Greasegorb: Thunderspine Sword
39. Jerichojames AKA Jericho: The Emerald Curse
40. Kate Goldwalker: Silver Freeze
41. Jack32 AKA Jack: Silver Freeze
42. Edward Mctimbers: Silver Freeze
43. Captain Rai: Thunderspine Sword
44. Bort Greasegorb: Lost Sword of El Patron
45. Captain Skelton: Blade of The Abyss
46. DogCalicohound: Lost Sword of El Patron
47. DogCalicohound: World Eater Blade
48. Grievous dark sith: Blade of The Abyss
49. X-plode: Silver Freeze
50. Thunderjack: Silver Freeze
51. James Wyant: World Eater Blade
52. Jack Cannonburn: Silver Freeze
53. Borf Snortcob: Lost Sword of El Patron
54. Jason O'martin AKA Raven: The Emerald Curse
55. Jonah Warwrecker AKA Rebel: Lost Sword of El Patron
56. James Wyant: The Emerald Curse
57. aolnorthernpacific: Lost Sword of El Patron
58. Jack-Marc: World Eater Blade
59. Captain Skelton: Silver Freeze
60. Bort Greasegorb: Blade of The Abyss
61. Captain Rai: Lost Sword of El Patron
62. Tyler McDyess: Blade of The Abyss
60 People have looted legendary weapons using this Guide/Method so far! ^_^
Well, that’s my Loot trick/method of getting better loot.
Add this userbox to your page if you have used the Warmonk Method and believe my method works!
Yep, that’s it, all I’ve got for you so far. Feel free to tell me about how this trick/method works and if and how it helped you. Also, please respond back telling me how much of my guide you read. Also, if I misspelled something, or you just had a question of any kind.
Thank you for your time.
This has been, Charles Warmonk.