Pirate characters have abilities they use to defeat enemies, aid friends and navigate the sea.
Using these skills gives the player experience points (xp or reputation). When the experience points for that skill reach the maximum for the pirates current level, their level increases and they receive a Skill Point.
To review your abilities, press K or Click on the Sea Chest, then click the Helm Wheel, to display the skills menu. The pirates skills will be listed in the menu. Select a skill to display the pirate's abilities and levels in that skill.
Once a pirate has received enough experience points in that skill to earn a Skill Point, they can improve an ability or add a new one.
Press K or Click on the Sea Chest, then click the Helm Wheel, to display the skills menu. The pirates skills will be listed in the menu. Select a skill to display the pirate's abilities and levels in that skill.
If any Skill Points are accrued, they will appear in the lower-right. To spend a point, just click on the ability you wish to add or improve.
- Warning - Once a point has been spent, it CANNOT be retracted. The only way to recover a Skill Point is by going to a trainer and re-allocating ALL points in the weapon.
If you mis-appropriated a Skill Point, or change your mind, you'll have to go to a Trainer. They can be found in any Blacksmith shop and are happy to help you re-learn your skill. At first, they only charge a modest 250 gold for this service, but each time you relearn the same skill, the cost of retraining goes up. The second time you retrain a skill it will cost 2,500 gold, and if you retrain three times or more, the price will be 10,000 gold - so be sure!
- Having a large number of skills with only a few points in each, gives the pirate a broad array of abilities, but limits their ability in each.
- Similarly, having a few, but maxed out skills, makes the pirate very effective in some areas but limited in what they can do overall.
- You don't have to buy a lower ability to earn a higher ability. You can skip abilities if you don't want them. However, you must have the preceding combo skill to unlock the next.
- Once a skill point is spend, the pirate will receive LESS reputation points for using that skill! Some pirates choose to save or bank up their skill points to either buy a better ability or to retain the higher earned XP.
- Re-learning skills can get very expensive quickly. So, before learning a new ability or skill, ask a fellow pirate who already has it - what do they think? Or, review the values your skill will increase by BEFORE spending those precious points.
All items (123)
- Bane Shot
- Bayonet Stab
- Blade Instinct
- Blade Storm
- Chain Shot
- Come About
- Cyclone Cut
- Sharp Shooter
- Shoot (Cannon)
- Siege Charge
- Silver Shot
- Slice & Dice
- Smoke Bomb
- Soul Flay
- Spin Cut
- Spirit Lore
- Spirit Mastery
- Spirit Ward
- Steel Shot
- Stink Pot
- Take Aim
- Take Cover
- Throw Dirt
- Treasure Sense
- Twin Backhand