|“||So will you not give up this quest, then?||”|
In Pirates of the Caribbean Online you have six types of quests:
- Story Quests
- Fortune Quests
- Teleportation Quests
- Treasure Unlock Quests
- Weapon Unlock Quests
- Weapon Upgrade Quests
Fortune Quests generally have gold and treasure as rewards, and are given usually by townspersons and occasionally by story characters. Most of them require some fighting and sinking to do.
Teleportation Quests unlock Teleportation Totems that help pirates teleport to settled or main islands.
Treasure Unlock Quests unlock different Treasure Collections, which you can collect items for by looting.
Weapon Unlock Quests unlock a new type of weapon that pirates are able to use. Pirates are given Swords and guns without an unlock quest, however all the others are only unlocked with a quest.
Weapon Upgrade Quests are special quests that reward pirates with a powerful weapon. These quests unlock when a pirate gets to level 15 or 20 in any skill except Grenade, Potions, and Fishing.
- Important Note: READ the journal entry CAREFULLY! There may be specific elements to a quest; (ex: "Kill Alligators in the Wildwoods") means you can't get credit for gators killed elsewhere, or ("Sink a Navy Galleon") means only that type of ship counts.
The usual pirate will likely have at least several quests running at the same time. To help locate a specific goal, the pirate can go to their journal and select a quest goal by clicking on it. This makes it to where you are only on 1 quest objective.
New quests will display as a NEW sign, incomplete quests will display the portion achieved and finished quests will display as COMPLETED. Most often after completing a quest, the pirate will have to return to the character that offered it to receive their reward and credit for finishing it.
Also, some quests can be discontinued from the journal by canceling them. Story quests, teleportation access quests, weapon upgrade/unlock, and treasure unlock quests may NOT be canceled.
Remember to always do the teleport quests first, so they may help you on other quests. It's a lot easier to teleport island to island instead of sail.
Ray of Light
When the pirate is near a tracked quest goal (a location, character or enemy), a ray of light will shine down from the sky onto it.
If there are 2 or more enemies in sight, the light will fall on the closest one but a star will appear on the enemies in the mini map. This can help a pirate. There used to be a pointer to tell you where to go but they removed it from game.
A pirate's compass also aids in finding quest goals by pointing an arrow in the direction of the goal or placing a sunburst over an enemy or the item on the compass screen. This makes finding the next part of your quest a lot easier. It helps the people who don't have the game memorized.
As well as the Compass, the map also gives you a broader chance of finding where you want to go.
- By taking multiple quests at a time, it's more likely that you may be required to kill the same enemy or visit the same people - allowing you to accomplish them at the same time. (Ex. sinking a Navy Greyhound for Bartholomew Watkins may also get you needed ship parts for Darby Drydock, etc.)
- If a quest requires you to travel to a remote location, ask friends or guildmates if they are already at those places and if you can teleport to them. If not, use a shipwright to get a ship if you don't have the teleport totems. If a quest requires you to go to one of the main islands, (Port Royal, Tortuga, Cuba, Padres del Fuego) then you have a choice of paying a dockworker a small fee to get to the location instantly.
- Crewing up always makes a quest goal easier to accomplish, and your mates might have to perform the same task as well, and gets you more plunder!
- Some quests require defeating multiple enemies. Find out where they are first. You may find that all of those enemies can be found in a single spot, as opposed to running from place to place.
- Story Quest: Set Sail, Begins during the tutorial
- Story Quest: The Black Pearl Crew, Unlocked after you complete the Set Sail Story Quest
- Story Quest: Raven's Cove, Unlocked at Notoriety Level 30 (Contains Bonus Item Rewards!)
- Story Quest: The Headstone (Canceled), Unlocked after you complete The Black Pearl Crew Story Quest.
Treasure Unlock Quests
- Notoriety level 16: Treasure Unlock: Nine Rogues
- Notoriety level 18: Treasure Unlock: Rudyard's Teeth
- Notoriety level 21: Treasure Unlock: Navy Decorations
- Notoriety level 25: Treasure Unlock: Rhineworth Rings
- Notoriety level 29: Treasure Unlock: Treasured Chess Set
- Notoriety level 33: Treasure Unlock: Tia's Menagerie
- Notoriety level 10: Pirate Life
- Notoriety level 15: Clothing Fit for a Pirate
- Notoriety level 20: Adoria's Family
- Black Market Ink
- Family Valuables
- Fight for the French!
- Fight for the Spanish!
- Helping Mercedes Corazon
- Lala's Bad Ink
- Lala's Brother
- Special Ink
- Dajin Ming's Competition
- Helping Dajin Ming
- Helping Jeweler Smitty
- Helping Perla Alodia
- Perla Alodia's Side Business
- Smitty's Troubles
Quests Available Daily
- Bartholomew's Cotton Errand
- Bartholomew's Iron Errand
- Bartholomew's Powder Errand
- Hunt Skeletons
- Work For Hire: Defeat Enemies (Josie McReedy)
- Work For Hire: Defeat Enemies (Captain Job)
- Work For Hire: Defeat Enemies (Johnny McVane, Low Level)
- Work For Hire: Defeat Enemies (Johnny McVane, High Level)
Misc. Fortune Quests
- Caribbean Struggle
- The Muertos on Port Royal (no longer available)
- Cheat Card: Black Mack
- The Curse of Yellow Dan (no longer available)
- Darby Drydock's New Ship
- El Patron's Lost Weapons
- Josie McReedy's Restocking
- Lucinda's Ingredients
- New Tools for Smith
- Peter Chipparr's Vengeance
- Prison Break (Easy)
- Port Royal Fort Heist (Medium)
- Port Royal Crime Wave (Hard)
- Skeleton Infestation
- Treacherous Navy
- Notoriety level 7: Secret of Tortuga Teleportation
- Notoriety level 12: Secret of Port Royal Teleportation
- Notoriety level 14: Secret of Cuba Teleportation
- Notoriety level 23: Secret of Padres del Fuego Teleportation
- Notoriety level 30: Secret of Raven's Cove Teleportation
Weapon Unlock Quests
- Notoriety level 5: Weapon Unlock: Voodoo Doll
- Notoriety level 10: Weapon Unlock: Dagger
- Notoriety level 20: Weapon Unlock: Grenade
- Notoriety level 30: Weapon Unlock: Voodoo Staff
Weapon Upgrade Quests
- Cutlass level 15: Fine Cutlass Upgrade: Pirate Lore
- Gun level 15: Tri-Barrel Upgrade: Good for Business
- Voodoo Doll level 15: Weapon Upgrade: Pirate Doll
- Staff level 15: Harrow Staff Upgrade: Roland's Cloudy Orb
- Dagger level 15: Coltello Upgrade: Feats of Strength
- Cutlass level 20: Pirate Blade Upgrade: Spanish Smithing
- Gun level 20: Grand Pistol Upgrade: Erasmus' Pistol
- Voodoo Doll level 20: Taboo Doll Upgrade: The Generals
- Dagger level 20: Bloodletter Upgrade: Stolen Daggers
- Staff level 20: Vile Staff Upgrade: Unlocking the Orb
All items (15)